New software being utilized for selected SpSt courses
To participate in a Breeze session you will need for basic chat simply a computer that meets the hardware requriements listed below plus a headset or speakers to listen to any audio.
For audio and/or video participation you will need:
audio: a headset with boom mic;
video: a USB or Firewire webcam.
A good starting point for futher information is
or go to
and click on the "Need help?" link below the login button.
where can be found links to most of the help documents. Student should start with link 1 above and then first time users should read the "Information for Students and Participants " and then look at the "Information for Instructors and Presenters " since most classes will be run with all participants promoted to presenters to allow for full interaction and participation.
The basic computer requirements are:
Windows 98 SE, 2000, XP, Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
(Windows Vista is not officially supported by Breeze 6, the version we have, but it works).
* Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
* Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or higher
* Netscape Navigator 7.1
Mac OS X 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 (PPC/Intel)
* Safari 1.1 or higher
* Mozilla Firefox 1.5
* Adobe Flash Player 8 or higher
* Minimum bandwidth requirement is DSL/Cable (wired connection recommended)
* Minimum 1 GHz processor recommended when screen sharing
* Sound Card, USB or Firewire audio with headset or speakers
* USB or Firewire webcam
* Sound Card, USB or Firewire audio with headset with boom mic
This is from the Abobe web site.